(Below text can be copied and pasted into Emails to share)
8th Annual International Conference on
October 25-26, 2019 ~ Irbid, Jordan
~ REGISTER NOW ~
Conference Details and Presenter Proposal forms at:
An Interdisciplinary and Cross-cultural Conference that Offers:
* Sharing Skills – Training in proven, practical skills and applications.
* Exploring New Models and Methodologies – Developing new culturally adapted models and methods at the large scale, societal level for healing communal trauma and preventing it’s transfer into future generations.
* Focused Dialogue and Deliberation – Defining and addressing the multidimensional dynamics of inherited, unresolved communal trauma from one generation to the next, including historical understandings, development and perpetuation of communal victim identities and belief systems, effects on exclusive cultural membership and rites of belonging, war and violence, epigenetics, and implications for present and future relations within and between communities.
* Action Planning on Practical Applications – Usage of treatment perspectives, models, and methods to address current, real-world situations.
Transgenerational Trauma is an underlying and complex global syndrome that divides, polarizes, and perpetuates enemy images, has been a central basis for past conflict and war, and is a potent fuel for the eruption of violence in the present and future. Understanding it’s dynamics and implications, and developing ways to effectively treat and prevent it, are essential to healing and reconciliation within and between communities, promoting compassionate local and global relations, and achieving sustainable peace.
Format and Content:
* Practical Skills Workshops, * Breakout Sessions of Practical Presentations & Research, * Topical Panels & Roundtables, * Facilitated Plenary Dialogues, * Networking and Cooperation on Applications, * Multi-cultural, Interdisciplinary Learning Community, * Support of a Collaborative Research Network, * Presentation of the Journal of Communal and Transgenerational Trauma.
Following the conference, CBI’s treatment team conducts several days of psychosocial treatment services and community resilience building events for refugees at CBI’s local community-based service projects, assisted by these trainees.
Join us in addressing critical mental health issues for at-risk populations in the global community.
Common Bond Institute (CBI)
Michigan State University (MSU)
International Humanistic Psychology Association (IHPA)
International Federation of Medical Student Associations-Jordan (IFMSA)
Endorsed and Supported by:
over 100 professional associations, organizations, and universities internationally
Official Partner of:
Charter For Compassion & Parliament of World’s Religions
Official Conference Languages: English, with Arabic translation
For DETAILS on Registration, Program, Presenter proposal forms, Accommodations, & Travel visit our website or CONTACT:
Common Bond Institute
Details at Website: www.cbiworld.org
Steve Olweean, Conference Co-coordinator
12170 S. Pine Ayr Drive, Climax, MI 49034 USA
Ph/Fax: 1-269-665-9393 Email: SOlweean@aol.com
~ Please Share This Notice With Others In Your Network ~